More than logistics and transportation services to the oil and gas industry, they offer peace of mind. Their combination of client focused personnel, strong safety record, state-of-the-art supply chain technology, and large network of assets and facilities provide clients the assurance they need that the job will get done right.
Looking for an experienced Mechanic for our Tanker Fleet and Class 8 heavy duty trucks and trailers located in Sanford, NC.
Qualified candidates must be energetic, professional, and safety minded at all times. Also, be able to work independently and have knowledge and experience with hydraulic and air brakes, air conditioning, gas and diesel engines, drive trains and electrical systems.
· Conducting Federal FHWA Preventive maintenance inspections of trailer and tractor units, extensive repairs in all phases of tractor & trailer maintenance including body, frame, suspension, electrical, valve and air systems.
· Perform HazMat Inspections on tank trailers.
· Conduct preventive maintenance service and general vehicle repairs.
· Repairs may include welding.
· Operate a yard hostler truck to move trailers within the facility yard and the shop as needed.
· High School diploma required
· ASE certification not required but recommended Computer experience a plus
· Employee is required to provide their own hand tools
Quality Carriers, Inc. offers very competitive wages and great employee benefits (401 K, Flexible spending accounts, Paid Time Off, in addition to Medical, Dental, and Vision plans).
QCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
High School or better.
2 years: Hazmat Compliance – Tank Trailers
2 years: Preventive Maintenance on Trailers / Tractors
Licenses & Certifications
ASE Diesel Certification