One of the nation’s largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts with over 150 retail locations and 80 maintenance and repair service locations nationwide. A leader in this rapidly growing industry is making an important difference in the commercial trucking industry.
We offer a stimulating workplace based on open collaboration, personal development and future opportunity. Our continued success thrives on the attraction and retention of spirited people who share our passion for service. We offer a unique company culture that values knowledge, experience, and the importance of offering our customers an incomparable depth of product and application expertise.
Lead Mechanic / Cincinnati OH
- No Weekends – perhaps one time per year only
Lead Mechanic is responsible for applying advanced skills to provide full range of operations for repairing medium to heavy-duty trucks and all models of trailers. This position diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, technical manuals and previous experience.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform required repairs to customer vehicles and trailers
- Perform basic welding functions, as needed
- Inform customer and manager of completion times, services expenses, and possible changes
- Monitor the profit/loss of each job to maximize profitability while maintaining the highest standards of quality
- Minimize warranty claims and re-work
- Prepare a list of required replacement parts
- Submit work orders for invoicing
- Maintain inventory and supplies
- Mentor junior level mechanics
- Provide supervisory direction, in the absence of manager
- Clean work area as required and maintain equipment; Adhering to all environmental, health and safety standards
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- Associate degree or Technical certificate in heavy duty mechanics
- 10 years of diesel mechanic experience within the heavy-duty industry –required
- Automotive Service Excellence certification appropriate to the job or equivalent
- Possess your own tools and/or the willingness to purchase tools required for the job as you advance in your skill level and responsibilities (a tool purchase or reimbursement program is offered)
- Valid driver’s license and/or CDL with good driving record
- The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check